Tablebooker cvba, more specifically the Tablebooker, Tablemanager and ManageMyReservation sites - together referred to as Tablebooker from here on out - is a data processor for restaurant reservations. The restaurant is owner of all customer- and reservation information and is responsible for how it is used.
2. What is Tablebooker?
Tablebooker is a restaurant reservation system and in that capacity, Tablebooker acts as a data processor of your data when you book a restaurant via Tablebooker technology. Tablebooker cbva, with registered office at Lozenberg 11, 1932 Zaventem and VAT number 0849.393.861 is therefore responsible for the processing of your data.
You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have appointed a data protection officer within our organization who deals with all privacy issues available at email@example.com
3. Which personal data do we collect and why?
We process the following personal data:
First name, name, e-mail, phone
We ask for this information to be able to register your reservation correctly and to contact you about your reservation if necessary. You may also receive a confirmation and reminder(s) for your reservation by e-mail and/or SMS. Following your reservation you may receive an e-mail asking for your experience. By subscribing to our newsletter, you also give us explicit permission to use your e-mail address to keep you informed of our activities and promotions. However, you can unsubscribe at any time.
Your IP address is registered when you make a reservation. We use it to determine your location so that we can adjust the content of the reservation flow. Also, your IP address is registered at the time of your reservation to prevent fraud.
Date of Birth
Your date of birth is optional information. By sharing it, you give us permission to make you a special offer for your birthday and to offer you a more personalized treatment. Your age can also be used anonymously for statistical purposes.
We only request this information when applicable, as stated in our general terms and conditions. Your country and zip code can also be used anonymously for statistical purposes.
4. Will personal data be shared with third parties?
Your personal data is never sold or passed on to third parties for commercial purposes.
The only ways in which your personal data can be passed on to third parties are:
- There is a legal obligation for us to transfer the personal data, such as in the context of (the prevention of) fraud and abuse.
5. Who/Which systems process your data?
TABLEBOOKER - ABLEBOOKER.COM, TABLEBOOKER.BE, TABLEBOOKER.NL, TABLEBOOKER.LU, TABLEBOOKER.FR
We use the Tablebooker reservation system - also known as Tablemanager - as the main system for managing our reservation data. Tablebooker will not use your personal data in any way for commercial or other purposes without your clear permission. When you make a reservation, a passive profile will be created for you on the Tablebooker platform. This is done in order to be able to perform a matching based on e-mail address with the existing profiles in the database, in order to avoid double registrations and to ensure that your personal reservations are grouped in your own name.
If you provide us with your details by telephone, we will enter them manually in the Tablebooker platform and a matching will also be made based on e-mail address, combination of surname and date of birth (if you have provided your date of birth) or telephone number.
Tablebooker never passes on personal data to third parties for commercial purposes. Tablebooker also does not engage in direct marketing (commercial mailings, possibly based on profiling) with your personal data without your explicit permission. You can revoke this permission once you have given it.
RESTO - RESTO.BE, RESTO.LU, RESTO.FR, RESTO.NL
RESTODAYS - RESTODAYS.BE, RESTODAYS.LU
We use Stripe.com to process online payments. As soon as you pay online for an order, the details of the order and your basic contact details are passed on to Stripe. You will immediately be able to see the basic data that is being passed on and you will be able to adjust it when you make the payment. Website - Privacy Terms.
Our list of partners changes regularly and can be requested via firstname.lastname@example.org
6. How long will your personal data be stored?
Reservation data, including any personal data linked to a reservation (such as contact details), is stored with us for 2 years.
We may store personal data longer if necessary, like for example if you have subscribed to our newsletter and we need to keep your e-mail address longer. You always have the right to have your data deleted faster unless you have outstanding reservations with us.
Your contact details are always kept by us, as we have a legal obligation to keep an alumni register.
7. Which cookies do we use?
We only use functional cookies and analytical cookies for optimizing the use of the application. We don’t use so-called tracking cookies that identify you and match content of this or other pages to your profile. Certain cookies expire when you close your session. Other cookies remain active for a maximum of 2 years.
- Ensures the proper functioning of Tablebooker (e.g. remembering a user's language preference, remembering whether you are logged in or not).
- Google Analytics
- Google Analytics collects anonymized data about the use of Tablebooker with the aim of improving its operation. More information at http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/
- When you log in with Facebook, Facebook places a cookie to remember your session. More information at https://www.facebook.com/policies/cookies/
8. What rights do you have?
You have several rights that you can exercise by contacting us, using the contact details above.
- Inspection of the personal data that relate to you and that are processed by us, if necessary to correct incorrect / incomplete personal data or to have personal data removed, and - in certain cases - to have the processing of your personal data restricted or oppose it.
- Transferring of your personal data either by providing it in a readable form or by directly having us transfer it to the third-party service provider designated by you.
- Oppose the use of your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- Revoking a previously given permission to process personal data.
Submitting a complaint to the supervisory authority, if you are not satisfied with our handling of your question or complaint. Use the following information:
Data protection authority
Drukpersstraat 35, 1000 Brussel
+32 (0)2 274 48 00
9. How can you act on your rights?
For all your questions or complaints regarding the processing of personal data, please always communicate this only by e-mail to the e-mail address: email@example.com. Your question will be processed within the statutory period of 30 calendar days.